Hari ke-63

I (kind of) broke my own rule to make a daily report during my stay in Thailand. Sigh. Already stay in Thailand for 63 days. Time flies.

These past days, weeks and months, i experienced a lot of good (and bad) things here. I had a good start in university, my classes were just right for me, and the lecturer were super friendly and nice.

However there were times when i felt really lonely. Even though i had met a lot of people, i felt lonely sometimes. Please note that: sometimes. After this almost 3 months, i know now, that it is my job to talk to people, and to ask about their lives or everything. Because i am the one who came to their country. Note to self.

Staying here in Thailand made me realize that every experience, positive or negative brings you one step forward. There are no steps back. You learn from your mistakes, and that is worth more than doing everything the right way.

I am so truly thankful for this experience; it has changed me forever. Appreciate life, embrace what you have, and accept that this is your life, and you are the one to change it. Being an exchange student, and living in a different country for a while has opened my eyes. We learn a different language; we learn other traditions, and cultures. We learn to accept, and to be respected. We learn to be responsible, and to be careful. We learn to be friendly, and to be polite. Most of all, we learn how to live.

Still a long, long way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Keren kak! Semoga adek-adeknya di perikanan juga pada bisa nyusul exchange kaya kak Nicol :)Seneng deh sama blogger aktif yang masih mau nyempetin buat update posting, makasiiih ya kak udah mau ngeshare pengalamannya ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah terima kasih Eky! Tahun depan coba ikut programnya ya, semangat :)

      Delete

 
Copyright © 2010 Nihlah Chalidah., All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger